The M'ND Sandwich
Enter Monty and Digby, this issue’s sandwich chefs. The 7- and 10-year-old brothers were tasked with making a sandwich with any ingredients they wished. After heading to Pak’nSave to pick the essential elements for the sammy, the recipe for the unique sandwich is as follows.
You will need:
- Sour Patch Kids, Berry
- Coco Pops Chex cereal
- Value white bread
- Heartland chips thick-cut, sticky rib flavour
- Cadbury Caramilk Chocolate
- M&M’s Pretzel flavour
- Iced mini donuts
- Chocolate sauce
- Take two slices of Value white bread out of the packet and place them on the sandwich press. On both pieces, squirt a hefty dollop of chocolate sauce. Then on one piece, sprinkle a flurry of Sour Patch Kids; eight or 10 should be enough. To add to the crunch factor, pile on some thick-cut chips – this will also help with the structural integrity of the final dish.
- Following this, place a few slices of ham – the boys went for the peppered ham, for a touch of the luxury. Then comes the donuts – the patty, if you will. Three is plenty. Season with M&M’s. Apply more chocolate sauce glue, followed by the Chex and several pieces of Caramilk chocolate. Finally, apply your sauced top slice of bread.
- Toast for around 5-10 minutes, if you can manage to fit it all in your toastie machine.
- Serve near a bin.
Check out how we made it below: