The Elizabeth Taylor Sandwich
When one considers fashion icons of recent history, it would be uncommon not to have Elizabeth Taylor listed. Most Millennials and Gen Z’ers will know her for the vine: “Married?!! NOOOOOOO!” But Liz was one of the most famous actresses of Hollywood’s golden age. What you may not know is that she also had an iconic diet. Taylor loved a lot of food, and despite living for everything from chocolate martinis to ham, apparently fried chicken and mashed potato topped the list. In fact, in 1976, Taylor conducted an interview over plates of mashed potato and chicken – if this isn’t commanding an interview, I don’t know what is.
So, in a desperate attempt to stay relevant to the fashion theme of this issue, I present to you the Elizabeth Taylor Sandwich – made with fried chicken and mash.
- One bread roll, I used Turkish
- Instant mash potatoes
- Fried chicken
- Any sauce you desire
- Salt and pepper
- Cut open bread roll.
- Make up your instant mash according to the packet instructions. Please make sure you season it.
- Once ready, slop a good layer on the bottom piece of the bread roll and then place on two good-sized pieces of boneless fried chicken. In this recipe, New World deli fried chicken was used. It wasn’t bad – do recommend.
- Then add another layer of ‘mash’ onto the top piece of bread, followed by your choice of sauce and salt and pepper.
- Add the top piece of the roll. Try to enjoy it – it has all the right elements, just not elements that should be put together.