Suzy's Crunchie Roll-ups
TikTok is truly the gift that keeps on giving! Recently, CANTA’s good friend Suzy Cato joined the app, and is now sharing her own foodie concoctions. So we asked her to share with us her favourite recipe.
- 2 slices of buttered bread
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup of grated cheese
- 2 tablespoons of finely diced veggies (use a mixture of two or three: capsicum, spring onion, red onion, mushroom, leftover cooked veggies)
- 1 tablespoon of finely diced cooked meat (ham, bacon, sausage etc) or meat substitute
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl. Add the veggies, meat and cheese and season with a little salt and pepper. Mix together well.
- Place the bread, butter side down on a board or plate.
- Spread the mixture diagonally (from one corner to the opposite corner) across the slices
- Roll the other corners up over the mixture and secure in place with a toothpick.
- Place on an oven tray and bake for around 15-20 minutes until the egg is cooked and the bread is golden brown and crunchie.
This is the recipe for a snack-sized portion of Crunchie Rollups – double or triple the mix for even more and change up the ingredients to your own personal taste.