225g of self-raising flour
Pinch of Salt
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon of baking powder
55 grams of butter
120g of grated cheese
90-100ml of milk
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius – fan bake.
- Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix.
- Cut the butter into small cubes and then add to the bowl.
- Use your fingers to create breadcrumbs from the mixture, adding the cheese as well. Try not to overmix as you don’t want the butter to melt.
- Make a well in the middle of the centre and slowly pour in the milk until you get a soft and firm dough.
- Flour a surface and roll out the dough until it is approximately 2cm thick.