make your own hummus
You can save so much money with whipping up your own hummus from this easy breezy and quick recipe!
1 can of chickpeas
A few gloves of garlic
1 tablespoon of tahini
Any extras: to flavour it up:
- Roasted pumpkin
- Roasted beetroot
- Jalapenos and lime
- Roast carrot and honey
- Drain and tip the chickpeas into a food processor.
- Add the peeled cloves of garlic, then add the tahini, a nice squeeze of lemon juice and some zest if you like, and 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Season with a pinch of sea salt, then pop the lid on and blitz it up until smooth and creamy.
- Have a taste and add more lemon juice or a splash of water to loosen, if needed!
- Serve with sliced crunchy veg, such as carrots, cucumbers, radishes or peppers, and some warm flatbreads – nom!