- Some of your best received videos are the ones of politicians. Who’s your favourite to do?
Paula is so popular. And easy to do. And she keeps inspiring me every day with her antics. But I probably love Bill English the most. I feel I’ve got him down the best.
- Do you have any intentions to bring your Kiwis of Snapchat live, how do you think that would go as a stage performance?
Yes, I do. But god knows how. Hmm. I went to Disneyland earlier this year and we could talk to the turtle from Finding Nemo live. He was on a screen but answering our questions. So maybe there is a way.
- Have you ever been caught in the act making one of your videos?
Yes. On Cuba street in Wellington people were giving me looks. And at a cafe in Auckland. But if you act confident and don’t register them, people just hurry along.
- Are your videos improvised, or do you prepare a script?
A variety. Sometimes I just see how the filter inspires me and see what character comes and then just start talking, trying to find a story to tell. Other times, especially when I’m doing a dialogue between two characters, then I will scribble down the main points to say.
- I’d imagine that you could really go on and on when you’re making these videos, how much do you end up cutting?
Two minutes is ideal for a video and often I do about three minutes of material and have to cut stuff out. But sometimes you just can’t lose the jokes. And it ends up being long. Hmm. There are always cuts. Making something shorter, cutting out the air, is always a good thing.